Teddy turns 8 next month, yep 8, where did that go!
He’s been my greatest teacher, and continues to give me many gifts. As I sat on the couch with him yesterday I said to him ‘you and Dad are my greatest gifts.’
To which he said – ‘which one do you like better?’ LOL
How do you answer that?
We all want life to be easy.
- Why does Cherry speak so loudly everyone can hear her business – doesn’t she know ‘we don’t care?’
- Why does my Mum have to be so difficult when it comes to Christmas lunch, it’s not like we don’t have our own family obligations too.
- Why does my brother always pick a fight with my husband, we know they polar opposites, why doesn’t he get it?
- Why does food labelling have to be so detailed – can you just tell me what I’m eating and if it’s actually good for my body?
- Why can’t I have a wine in peace without the kids always wanting me?
Reading was never my thing, but now I have a book shelf full of books I love, books I’m yet to read and a list of books that have truly impacted me and supported me in thinking differently or giving me permission to believe what I already believed.
At school I didn’t do well at English, so I stayed away from it as much as possible, and this meant books – I was robbing myself right!!
Movies and TV are good, but books are so much deeper and really show the soul of the author.
Grow so your children can grow differently.
When Teddy was young, and he was learning to use an iPad, one of his brothers said to me ‘geez he’s better at using that thing than me’ and perhaps he is, even though he hasn’t been using if for a long time – and perhaps his brother wasn’t using apple, so if he did maybe he’d be pretty good at it anyway.
My response to him was ‘of course, Teddy’s upgraded software’.
I hate being woken up.
I love to wake up of my own accord, feeling refreshed or not, but just waking up when my body tells me it’s time to wake up.
I love not having to get out of bed for anything, knowing that I have things on for my day but I get to choose when I actually get out of bed.